Repair and service technician for gearboxes - Mechanic
|Job Type:||Engineering, Manufacturing, Service-Maintenance-Repair|
|Job Location:||Sacramanto, CA|
|Base Pay:||US$ 45,000 - 65,000 per year|
Job Location: Sacramento, CA
Purpose and Objectives
Our client is a recognized world leader in the design, manufacture, service, and repair of industrial gearboxes with its headquarters in Austria and in operation for over 100 years. For their fast growing facility in Sacramento, CA they are currently seeking highly qualified and experienced service and repair technicians for gearboxes.
Our client is interested in specialists who are skilled experts in industrial gearbox service and repair.
- Perform preventive maintenance, repairs, and corrective maintenance on industrial gearboxes
- Understand and comply with all Environmental, Safety, and Health programs
- Inspect different types of gearboxes and identify operating problems, perform complex troubleshooting, and implement repairs
- Perform tests to insure equipment is operating regularly
- Support Engineering and customer request
- Must be able to read and understand repair manuals, specifications, and technical drawings
- Can analyzing problems, recommending solutions, and initiating repairs
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and able to use Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Work, and Excel)
- Must have good customer service-minded attitude, be a team player, but also be able to work independently with little or no direction
- Capable of reading and understand blue prints and/or schematic diagram
- Perform all duties in accordance with company and site safety standards
- 3+ years of experience in gearbox/mechanical maintenance
- Has high attention to detail and excellent follow up skills
- Must be able to travel on short notice within North ads South America for on-site jobs.
- Longer travels to the European headquarters for training purposes are possible.